Looking for a way to get involved with GMS PTSA? Consider joining one of the following committees. Your efforts are always well appreciated and help to keep you connected to your children and to our wonderful school.
Remember, for insurance reasons, you have to be a PTSA member to volunteer!
- Audit Committee We are in need of three volunteers to review the PTSA financial documents after the fiscal year ends at the end of July. The audit report must be submitted by January. A background in finance or accounting is helpful but not essential. (You do not need to be a CPA to hold this position.)
- Book Fair A week long book fair is held in the fall and spring. The committee coordinates dates and facility arrangements, products and inventory and arranges for parent volunteers for the week of the sale.
- Clothing/JagWear Coordinates the sale of GMS apparel for 6th grade ice cream social and back to school nights. The main responsibility of the Jag Wear chairperson will be to distribute clothing once it arrives at school from the vendor.
- 8th grade representatives Organizes the end-of-year dance and the 8th grade salute.
- High School Scholarship Representatives Represents Grover Middle School on the WW-P High School Scholarship Committee. The committee awards PTSA scholarship funds based on financial need and academic merit to graduating seniors in the WW-P school district. Parents of high school seniors in WW-P are not able to serve.
- McCaffrey’s Receipts & Box Tops By collecting grocery receipts from McCaffrey’s and GM Box Tops, Grover PTSA receives a cash award. The committee organizes, promotes and tracks program earnings.
- Membership Handles the administration of the PTSA membership forms and dues. The membership form includes a place for expressing volunteer interest, which is also tracked by the membership chair, and disbursed to committee chairs upon request.
- Reflections / Arts In Education This committee coordinates Grover Middle School’s entries in the National PTA’s Reflections program, a program encouraging creativity in literature, musical composition, photography, visual arts, dance choreography and film/video production. Entrants receive participation certificates and selected works are advanced to state or national levels.
- Staff Appreciation To show the community’s gratitude to the teachers and staff members, this committee coordinates snacks for a faculty meeting in September and a staff appreciation luncheon in the spring. The PTSA will provide you with a list of volunteers who are willing to bring in snacks for the faculty meeting or desserts for the luncheon (which is catered).
- Dance / Activity Coordinators: Coordinates parent volunteers to help with Student Council sponsored events. The committee members reach out to parents to chaperone, to sell tickets during lunch, and to pick up supplies and deliver them to the school the week before the event takes place. The committee might occasionally be asked to help with other student-organized events during the year.
- Communications Updates and maintains the Grover Middle School PTSA’s website and Facebook as necessary.